IATSE 514 is one of the very few labour organizations in the motion picture industry to have succeeded, year over year, in negotiating increased wages for its members. Since the union’s inception, tens of millions of dollars in salaries and benefits have been paid through our collective agreements.
BENEFITS FOR IATSE 514 MEMBERS
By joining the IATSE 514 union, film and television technicians can not only work on major American movie productions, but also enjoy excellent work benefits, such as:
- Registration in The Recruiter, the union’s member directory used by Sector 2 and 4 employers in hiring mode;
- Free access to our Training and Education Centre, which offers a great number of online and in-person courses;
- The opportunity to contribute to a Group RRSP for all IATSE members in Canada;
- Great-West Life Group Benefits Plan;
- A wide-ranging personal safety equipment program;
- rebates offered to IATSE members;
- Discounts and special offers from numerous suppliers.
Finally, by joining IATSE 514, film industry workers can count on a dedicated and dynamic union team for which the professional success of its members is a top priority.