The form to register for the Temporary Aid Workers Program, announced by Quebec Premier François Legault on Tuesday, is now online.
The lump-sum amount granted to an eligible person is $573 per week, for a period of 14 days of isolation. If justified by your state of health, the coverage period for an eligible person could be extended to a maximum of 28 days.
This program is for workers who reside in Québec and are in isolation for one of the following reasons:
• they have contracted the virus or present symptoms
• they have been contact with an infected person
• they have returned from abroad
In addition, workers who are in isolation or likely to be under the above criteria are eligible for the PATT COVID-19 if
• you are not receiving compensation from your employer
• you do not have private insurance
• you are not covered by another government program, such as employment insurance from the federal government
The program only applies to adult workers aged 18 or over.
The order to self-isolate must have been given by the Government of Canada, the Gouvernement du Québec or another responsible authority.
To register, click on the following link: https://www.quebec.ca/en/family-and-support-for-individuals/financial-assistance/temporary-aid-for-workers-program/.
If you are unable to fill out an application online, you can also apply by telephone, by speaking with an agent at 1-800-863-6582 (starting at 8:20 a.m., 7 days a week).
The IATSE 514 team